- Heads up we’ve had several recent reports that the new firewood is quite damp from the precip a month ago when it was flown up. It’s well seasoned wood, just wet from that recent exposure. We suggest:
- *Take plenty of solid fire starter
- Pulling up a quantity of wood on arrival to dry near the woodstove. (Not too near!) and split out some inner fine kindling of a large chunk to get started. All extra time & attention to this will be worth it.
- This occurred due to last summers fires’ dominance of any available helicopters well into September, availability of volunteers, followed by the bad weather of late October/early November.
- We hope to rectify this issue within a week.
Have a great trip, enjoy the early turns!